Back to School Resources
The Good Shepherd school community is excited to once again be participating in the annual “Terry Fox School Run/Walk”. We are proud to be continuing the legacy of one of our greatest Canadian heroes and once again , we will also be remembering Mrs. Ferrigni-Nardi, a teacher from Good Shepherd, who sadly lost her battle with cancer in August, 2020.
Our Terry Fox ... Continue reading "Terry Fox Run/Walk – September 29th"
Please join us as we open our school doors to parents and students for Curriculum/Meet the Teacher Night on Thursday, September 22, 2022 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. We are very excited to once again welcome you in person and hope to see everyone there. Stop by our Catholic School Council table to see how you can help support the school with your time. See ... Continue reading "Curriculum/Meet the Teacher Night – Sept. 22"
Each year, Catholic school boards across Canada come together to celebrate the Gospel values and teachings that enrich our curriculum and strengthen our school communities.
The theme of Catholic Education Week 2022, “Rebuild, Restore, Renew Together”, is inspired by the transformative power of faith – for families, for students, for the world.
We welcome Coby for this exciting virtual Anti-Bully Magic Show covering: Verbal, Physical, and Cyber-Bullying in a super fun and interactive Virtual Magic Show. The show will include:
- Identifying what bullying is and what it is not (recognizing differences between bullying and conflict)
- Coping and self-regulation strategies (i.e.: Zones of Regulation)
- Responsible use of technology, effects of Cyber-bullying, ... Continue reading "Coby the Magician Anti-Bullying Magic Show: Feb. 23rd"
This parent workshop is an effective look at racism in a combination of practical advice statistics, and historical context, and interactive activities to help unpack biases and promote allyship for all. Parents will come away from the workshop with:
- an increased knowledge identifying, unlearning, and combatting anti-Black racial bias and discrimination
- education on language, statistics, and historical context as you ... Continue reading "Parent Anti-Black Racism Workshop: Feb. 10 @ 7:00-8:30 pm."
The York Catholic District School Board worked closely with its partners at the Ministry of Education, York Region Public Health, and with Board staff to prepare for the return to school in September. By aligning our practices with their guidance, we are confident our schools will continue to be safe, inclusive places to learn and work throughout the 2022-2023 school year.
Pope Francis asks us: “When we meet a person truly in need, do we see the face of God?”
These inspiring words speak to the power of giving, reflection and encountering grace in our journey as Catholics. With this in mind, and in the spirit of ... Continue reading "YCDSB 3rd Annual “Nurturing Hope” Spring Food Drive"
... Continue reading "It’s time to double check your School Support Designation!"
- That you need to be registered as an English Separate School Supporter to attend a York Catholic elementary school?
- That you need to be